Ian Thomson OBE – Executive Chairman
Ian is a Chartered Engineer and founded Argos in 1995. After an early career in the mining and energy equipment industry he became Managing Director of Evergreen Resources Inc’s exploration and production interests in the UK and Europe. Ian is a director of a number of Falkland Islands and overseas companies engaged in fishing and other sectors.
John Hogan – Managing Director
John joined the Board in 2005. John is a qualified geologist who has spent over 35 years in the oil industry. He was Chief Operating Officer of LASMO plc and Managing Director of LASMO North Sea between 1989 and 2000. Since 2000, he has been active at board level in a number of privately held and quoted energy businesses internationally.
Andrew (Drew) Irvine FCCA – Finance Director
Drew joined the Board in 2005. After qualifying as a Chartered Certified Accountant in Scotland, Drew managed the Pannell Kerr Foster related accounting practice in the Falkland Islands. Drew is Chairman of the Falkland Islands Pensions Scheme and a member of the Board of the Falkland Islands Fishing Companies Association.
Dennis Carlton – Senior Non-executive Director
Dennis joined the Board in 2005 having served on the board of Argos Exploration since 1995. A qualified petroleum geologist, Dennis has been involved with the North Falkland Basin since 1995. Dennis is currently a director of a number of other private companies operating in the energy and other sectors.
Christopher Fleming – Non-executive Director
Chris joined the Board in 2008. Between 1987 and 2005 Chris was involved in the development of the Gilt Sales operation of Bankers Trust, Deutsche Bank and SBC Warburg as Head of Sales of each of the Banks. From 2005 to 2009 he was Head of EMEA Flow Rates, Credit and Currency Sales for RBS Global Marketing and Banks. Chris retired as Global Head of Rates Sales for Nomura International PLC in August 2016 before returning to Nomura as vice Chairman of EMEA Wholesale in June 2017.
James Ragg – Non-executive Director
James joined the Board in 2008. James qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1995 and, after eight years with Saffery Champness, joined a Haines Watts accountancy practice as an audit and assurance partner in 2004. He subsequently managed the independence of his firm from Haines Watts and its renaming as Blue Spire South LLP where he was a Management Partner until September 2012. Now a non-executive partner in that firm, he is currently heading up the finance and development operations for a group of private companies.
The Audit Committee
Chair: James Ragg; Members: Dennis Carlton and Christopher Fleming
- The Audit Committee monitors the quality of internal controls and ensures that Argos’s financial performance is properly measured and reported on.
- The Committee receives and reviews reports from the management and auditors relating to the interim and annual accounts and the accounting throughout the group.
- The Committee meets at least once a year and has 100% access to the auditors.
The Remuneration Committee
Chair: Dennis Carlton; Members: James Ragg and Christopher Fleming
- The Remuneration Committee reviews the performance of the Executive Directors and recommends on remuneration and employment terms to the Board.
- The Committee also makes recommendations on share options and other equity incentives.
- The remuneration and terms and conditions of appointment of Non-executive Directors are set by the Board.